eKo Skin FacemaskRegular price $25.00
The #ekoSkinFacemask brought to you by eko - doing our little bit to protect you and to keep the vulnerable in work.
Wearing a face mask it certainly does not guarantee that you won’t get sick – viruses can also transmit through the eyes and tiny viral particles, known as aerosols and aerosols can penetrate masks in a variety of ways.
Basic hygiene measures are the most important way to stop the spread of infections, including the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Basic hygiene measures include:
- hand hygiene – that is, washing hands regularly with soap and water, or cleansing with hand sanitiser
- staying at home if you are sick
- coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow and then performing hand hygiene
- cleaning surfaces regularly
However the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as face masks can contribute to the reduction of the spread of infection when used correctly and in the appropriate context. (Ministry of Health)
How it helps
Our reusable face masks help to:
- Reduce anxiety levels when visiting essential services or outdoors
- Minimizes face touching
- If you are unwell or you do not know you are unwell, it will capture droplets and therefore protect others
- Protects our environment as eKo Skins Facemask is reusable and washable rather than destined for landfill after one use
It is very important to note that this type of mask does not protect the wearer from Covid 19 particles from entering the nose, mouth or eyes. The primary purpose is minimise face touching. If we can minimise the transfer of particles from our hands to our face we may help to lower the risk of acquiring the virus.
Each mask comes with a natural bamboo insert to be used once. However the mask can be used without a filter or simply with a filter from the average kitchen paper towel. An average kitchen paper towel has a filter system of approximately N70. We do sell N75 filters which you can purchase separately
Ethically made in NZ
Our #eKoSkinFacemasks are made through our unique homework force that enables the vulnerable to work. We are here to help protect you but also to keep the vulnerable in work. The projections for our current situation and our economic recovery after the outbreak shows that many people will be out of work and specially those who are already vulnerable. Let's keep people in work together.
- Please ensure you wash the mask before use
- Before using it make sure you have washed your hands
- Please ensure you follow the instruction card carefully
- If instructions are not followed carefully the mask can do more damage than good
- Once mask is on your face, do not touch it again
- When you take off the mask, clean immediately and wash your hands
- 100% reusable and washable
- Made in New Zealand
- Fun unique organic patterns
- 3 layer system
- Surgical ties to fit the face well and molding around the nose
- The masks are not medical grade and wearing this alone will not protect the wearer from Covid 19
Our mask is not intended to replace surgical face masks and it is not PPE certified.
Adult large (normal to large face)
Mask =18cm x 15cm, Ear to Ear = 33cm